Thursday, September 15, 2011

Lunch Duty

This year, teachers have lunch duty twice a week. This is a huge change from last year. In the past, we would drop our kids off at lunch and our amazing paraprofessionals had duty in the dining room. Due to the budget cuts, we lost those amazing paras who do more in this school then people would ever imagine.


Because of this change, teachers now have duty days for recess and lunch. I have to be honest in saying that I was a bit nervous about having lunch duty. However, it has been a very cool experience. I get to know my students on a totally different level. It is so neat to watch them socialize with friends, to learn what foods they love and those they absolutely hate, and to know that they actually do talk about what they are learning in school that day. This little collage I put together is just a clip of what my experience in the dining room was like today.

I got to see the funny image FJ and GB created with two milk cartons. I learned FC does not like the crust on her sandwich. I watched MH and EM build their friendship. I watched KB read a poem from Mrs. Constande. And finally, I learned that BL can do this crazy thing with his arm!

Good times!

15 comments:

  1. OMG!!! THATS ME!! THANKS FOR PUTTING UP THOSE AWSOME PICTURES

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love that hahahahaha!!!!!!!!! glloria:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. thats me to !!!!! glloria:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. thats me and i love that pic sooooooo much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:):) GLLORIA!!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. are we aloud to work on are math flashcrds at home

    ReplyDelete
  6. i wrote my comment at 10:09 i forgot to write my name its by


    savy

    ReplyDelete
  7. dera missdinofrio you are so awesome i have learned so much this year you are a good teacher to have after having the same teacher for four years i am luving science and social studies. luv your student madison worley :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. um Dear ms.Donofrio this ts cameron and i woould like to say that i love how we do the lunch duty

    cameron

    ReplyDelete
  9. Savy, of course!

    Madison, that makes me feel really great. Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. i'am glad that your my techer this year KRISTIAN

    ReplyDelete
  11. i liked that science lab today it was so fun luv madison worley

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like you superheroes are really building your relationships at lunch. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  13. dear miss.dinofrio you are so great and do so many things for our class thank you your student madison worley

    ReplyDelete
  14. i think the pictures you put on "LUNCH DUTY"were great! from:Daniel Cebrian

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW! Thats the picture of my lunch! My mom and dad think its funny.LOL! :) And I am glad to be your student. Your a terrific teacher Miss. Donofrio.


    Francesca

    ReplyDelete